Tuesday, August 11, 2009

an unexpected trip

Well, we got a phone call this morning that my aunt Bert was in the hospitol after having a heart attack overnight. She is mostly stable but having trouble mainting a healthy blood preasure and keeping it in a safe range. After thinking about it for some time, I just have to say, I am sick to death of waiting for some one in my family to die to see them again-one last time. I don't have much family left and while we have not been close in the past, it's just rediculous that we only see eachother at a funeral! So, the girls and I are going to leave in the AM for a trip to Texas to see my aunt and cousin and uncles. We will be gone about a week and home before the kids start school on the 24th.
Please think of us as we make the 16 hr drive down there and home next week

Dana

No comments: