Wednesday, September 23, 2009

walking for a cure

Well, it's almost October. This time of year always makes me stop and think. Its an amazing time of year. The leaves change, things seem to slow down and almost pause. Its crisp and feels magical. It is my favorite time of year. October however, brings more to my mind. It is in fact Breast Cancer awareness month. Most people just remember that mammogram, but few pause and think about the meaning. Breast cancer has touched so many lives, women and their families. It has touched ours, with my grandmother having it a few years ago. This year, I'm making a commitment that I have been thinking about for a couple of years. Next year in October my girlfriend and I are in fact walking in the Susan G Komen Breast Cancer three day walk for a cure. It is 60 miles in three days!! We are starting some training next week to get us in shape and prepare for this trek. It is in Atlanta and we will be doing some fundraising over the next year to come up with the money we have to pledge to raise to do the walk. My whole heart is in this and I just know my loving friends and family will stand by me in this. With some many women in our family, and my beautiful daughters, I hope that someday there is a cure and that women can stop worrying about this terrible disease!

No comments: