Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Christmas surprise

Well,
For a couple of years Alexandra has wanted a barbie play house. DO you have ANY idea how much those stupid things cost? About 60-100 bucks for the cheap plastic ones and 100-300 for a wooden one... so needless to say, she has not gotten one. So, yesterday I had a thought... how hard could it be to make one? I mean really? Turns out.... kinda hard! Its not the building that really is so much...it's the stuff that goes inside! Barbie doll furniture sells for an extortionist price! truly!

Where to begin? wood and tools... okay that much I know. SO, I called my step dad who likes both and after hours on line we have a plan.. turn an old 5 ft something by 3ft something dresser into a doll house by taking out all the stuff and replacing it with shelves, cutting in some windows and doors and a patio and walla, a house!
whew

this is phase one and our current phase we hope to be done with this week.
Step two is painting I'm going to go with something pink..its barbie that's why!

Step three floors and walls... today I went to Lowe's and bought some stick on laminate floor tiles.. these are barbies new hard wood floors! I also grabbed a couple carpet samples these are barbies new rugs..sweet!

Then there is the actual decorating of this thing..with six rooms its a chore.. if you know of any barbie furniture laying around, Ill accept donations =)
I'm super excited, I can't wait for Christmas

No comments: