Tuesday, April 6, 2010

March

Well, it's been a while since I have been on here! Lets see... We made a huge trip in March to see my newest nephew and see some friends at the same time. We were going to Oklahoma and decided to throw in a quick surprise trip to Nevada on the way. Yes, on the way! It was a great trip for me and the girls. We went through some pretty neat places along our way to Nevada and the girls seemed to love the fact that we were going through so many states. They were keeping count and loving the different looks of each state. We arrived in Nevada in time to surprise my best friend for her bday. She had no idea we were coming and was very surprised we were standing on her porch. We had a great visit with her and her family and got to meet her new baby girl who is just a doll! We ended up at at BBQ with our friends from Nevada and it was so great to see everyone and hang out again. It made me pretty sad to leave them knowing it would be a long time before we got to see them again.

We left that visit and headed to California. We got to have a nice lunch with Adams dad and his grandma Maria. The girls loved that. They thought it was pretty neat that we were getting to see so many people on our trip. We spent the night with another old friend and his family before heading to Adams sisters for a couple of nights. The girls just loved that visit as their papa was there, they got to see Hunny and their auntie, uncle and cousin. It was a nice visit. While we were there, Alexandra cut her hair 11 inches for locks of love. She loves the new hair cut and it looks really great on her. It will be nice this Summer when it's so hot out. Kenz got her hair cut as well, but I don't like it as much, mostly as I like her hair long enough to put up and curl, but it's too short for that now. But, she likes it, so I guess I have to deal with that.

We left that visit and headed to Oklahoma. their was some changes in plans so we stayed with my Aunt and Uncle while we were there, however, the kids just love staying there since Uncle Randy is a big kid who "goes on magical trips" with them. We got to meet the newest member of our family, have lunch with my sister, dinner with my family and lunch with my grandma, it was a nice visit. We headed home just shy of 3 weeks. It was a long and exciting trip, but we were very glad to be home. Back to my own bed and routines!

We have busy since we got home. Back to school and back to life. Easter was here and gone just like a flash it seems. We had a nice dinner with my mom and Al and some friends. Adam smoked a roast for 6 hours and it just melted in your mouth, it was amazing. We hid some eggs and the kids hunted in the 87 degree weather! WHAT? YES 87.. it was 91 today.. I am afraid of Summer this year, though I head it is going to cool off this week.

We as family have began hiking. Trying to sneak in a couple of times a week to hike and get outside. Between violin, girl scouts and school family time is a premium we don't get as much of as we'd like. Plus, we are all trying to get healthier and lose some lbs. The kids are loving the hiking and its perfect things to do around here. We have so many trails around our area.. basically you just have to pick one!

School is going well, we have a few things I have added to my wish list of things I'd like to have for school. So I'm doing some research into some deals. I have managed to get my hands on a whole set of text books for 3rd grade for about 20 bucks on eBay. I love eBay. I still have a couple I have to get my hands on for 4Th grade for Kenz.. so I'm looking for those.

All in all things are going well and they seem to be liking the home school thing. I have a lot of pictures, Ill try to add some soon but we are super busy.
We have a BBQ this weekend with some friends and a trip to my brothers for his 30Th the weekend after that =)
whew..

No comments: